Let’s face it, one of the reasons you go on vacation is to bask in the Caribbean sun and go home refreshed, rested and…tan. You go back to work and for a few weeks you can enjoy the envious glances from coworkers that weren’t able to vacation in Mexico this year.
Here are some tips on how to get a nice tan and a few ways to make it last longer.
1. For a couple of weeks leading up to your vacation drink one 8 ounce glass of carrot juice every day. Yes, carrot juice. It will add a healthy glow to your tan.
2. The day before you leave gently exfoliate your whole body to get it ready for a long lasting tan.
3. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Waterproof sunscreen. This will not stop you from getting a tan, it will prevent you from getting burned. Reapply often. Even if it is cloudy, yes, you still have to use sunscreen.
4. Don’t bake in the sun all day every day. Sunbathe for awhile in the morning and awhile in the afternoon and take breaks. Avoid lying directly in the sun from 10 am to 2 pm. Hopefully this will help you to avoid getting burned which would ruin your sunbathing for the rest of your vacation (and your suntan as well). You will still get tan while sitting in the shade because the sun reflects brightly off of the white sand beaches.
5. Move your bathing suit straps periodically. This will help cut down on tan lines.
6. Don’t forget to turn over. You don’t want to be tan on one side and white on the other.
7. Drink a lot of water. This will help to keep you and your skin well hydrated.
8. Wear a scarf or a hat. No need to dry your hair out.
9. If you don’t want to wear sunglasses (Read: Raccoon eyes and tan lines on your temples.) use two slices of cucumber to protect your eyes.
10. Moisturize every day after showering. Continuing this once you get home will help you to maintain your tan.
_Try these tips and let us know how they worked by sending us a picture of your beautiful tan!