Your vacation is your special time with your family and/or friends. This time is precious, and in addition, it cost you a lot of money! Have you ever gotten home from a trip and realized most of your pictures weren’t very good? Are they out of focus, taken from too far away, too dark? Well before your next trip, study these tips from the experts, Kodak, and then practice a bit before you head for Cancun, the Riviera Maya, or Playa del Carmen!
- Get down on your subject’s level. Especially with kids and pets.
- Use a plain background. This will emphasize the subject.
- Use flash outdoors. Use it in bright light to lighten shadows and on cloudy days to brighten up faces.
- Move in close. Fill your picture with the subject.
- Take some vertical pictures. Many subjects look better in a vertical picture.
- Lock the focus. Press the shutter button halfway down, re-frame your picture, then push it down all the way.
- Move it from the middle. Bring your picture to life by simply placing your subject off-center.
- Know your flashes range. Pictures taken beyond the maximum will be too dark.
- Watch the light. Study the effects of light in your pictures.
- Be a picture director. Add some props, rearrange your subjects or try a different viewpoint.
Don’t want to worry about taking pictures on vacation? Zoom Photoshop in Hacienda Tres Rios can help you. They will take the pictures for you. Then you can choose only the ones you want and create a custom package.
A special thanks to Nicolas Karim, Dtroyka, MrsSavannah, cpliler Flickr for the photos.
Visit Hacienda Tres Rios and put these tips into practice.
Do you have any tips for taking good vacation photos?