Hacienda Tres Ríos
1. No Purchase or Entry Fee is required to Participate.
2. Timing. The Hacienda Tres Rios Going Green on Screen Video Contest (the “Promotion” or the “Contest”) begins on June 13th, 2011, and ends on July 12th, 2011.
3. Overview. This is a video submission contest. Interested parties (the “Entrant” or “Submitter”) may enter their submission for judging, and prizes will be awarded to the individuals whose submissions score the highest number of points, based on the criteria contained in these Official Rules (See Paragraph 6, below). The content of each submission should demonstrate the unique aspect of the submitter’s own personal “green” action in their homes.
By entering, Submitters agree that their entry, or portions thereof, whether chosen a winner or not, may be shown on the Sponsor’s website, in press releases, television, radio, social media websites, and/or in print, without compensation.
4. To Enter. Submitters may enter online by visiting www.facebook.com/HaciendaTresRios.Resort and completing the Official Registration Form (including full name, age, and email address), then uploading a video entry depicting Entrant’s personal “green action”.
Video entries must be submitted using one of the following formats: AVI (Windows); MOV (Mac); M4V; MP4; MPEG; or WMV, must be under two minutes (120 seconds) and must not exceed a 100 MB file size. Contestants may use their personal YouTube channels or upload via Facebook.
Limit: One (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period. Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will be void, including those containing inappropriate or offensive content, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.”
The Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received due to electronic or technical reasons beyond its control.
Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will be void, including those containing inappropriate or offensive content, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Eligibility: Submitter must be at least 21 years of age at time of entry and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada, and Mexico. Employees, officers and representatives of the Sponsor and their respective affiliated companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state, municipal, provincial, territorial, and local laws and regulations.
6. Voting/Judging Criteria: A representative of the Sponsor will be viewing all entries in the gallery and will select five (5) finalists. The finalists will then be viewed and voted on by the participants’ friends and family members as well as fans/friends from the Hacienda Tres Ríos Resort Facebook Page.
The judging committee which includes representatives from branding, public relations, and social media will choose the 5 finalists. The viewing public may visit the Hacienda Tres Rios Facebook page and vote on all of the submissions posted to the gallery. To vote for the video, click a video to pen and watch the video and click the “Vote for this video” button to cast a vote. Individuals will be prompted to register to vote. Once registered or logged in to vote, that individual’s vote will be recorded. Out of the 5 finalists, the video that receives the most votes will be deemed the winner. Limit: One (1) vote per person per video per day.
The finalists will be selected by the Sponsor based on the following judging criteria: a) Innovative “Green Action” (60%), b) Impact (20%), and c) Creativity (20%). Ties, if applicable, shall be broken by the judges.
7. Prize Awarding: The finalists will be announced on July 1st, 2011. The public voting will end July 11, 2011 and the winner will be announced July 12th, 2011. The winner will be formally notified in writing on how to claim their prize within seven (7) days of the final winner determination. Any entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Winners will be notified by email and through the Hacienda Tres Rios Facebook page and other social media outlets of the resort. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, the prize is returned as undeliverable.
8. Prizes. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a 5-day/4-night Endless Luxury All Inclusive Vacation for 2 adults.
9. Prize Conditions: The winner will be awarded a vacation package to Hacienda Tres Rios. Prize includes a single room (double occupancy) under the Endless Luxury All Inclusive Plan at Hacienda Tres Rios, food and beverages (including premium brand drinks), and nature park activities activities at the resort. “Luxury Included” amenities are subject to change and are to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the prizewinner forfeits any portion of the prize, there is no cash value and no replacement for the item forfeited. For all prizes, there is no cash alternative to the prize and spending money is not included. The request will not be confirmed more than thirty (30) days prior to the requested departure date. Winner will be contacted to arrange trip details. Once dates are confirmed there will be an administration fee for any changes made to the reservation. This fee varies in accordance with the airlines. Winner must redeem the package within one (1) year from date prize is awarded. If winner is unable to redeem the package within the time period required, the prize will be forfeited. The package is subject to availability and blackout dates. The choice of the suite and resort is based on availability. Winner must obey all local laws in regard to lodging restrictions. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to; telephone calls, Spa treatments and services, specialty dining and wine, tours & excursions, ground transportation, SCUBA certification courses, and purchases made at Hacienda Tres Rios shops, or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel insurance is not included and must be purchased before travel. Winner’s companion must be twenty-one (21) years old as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary as the winner. Winner’s companion must also execute liability/publicity releases prior to travel. Winner and companion are solely responsible for obtaining documents necessary for their respective international travel (i.e. passport/visa), if applicable. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply.
General Terms & Conditions:
Release: By receipt of any prize, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor, nor its agents are responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technology outage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsors, in their discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right and choice to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.